* Once you select the cherished item you want to have photographed, just contact me to schedule your photo session and make payment arrangements. I accept all major credit cards, PayPal and checks.
* Send your item to me using insured and trackable UPS, USPS or FedEx. I work with the UPS Store to ensure your item never sits outside and is always signed for.
* I photograph your item, finding just the right light and angle to transform it into fine art.
* You get a preview of your image in digital form and your item is returned to you - professionally packaged and tracked.
* Your photograph is printed at a professional lab, on acid-free, archival paper, to your size and mounting specifications.
* After I sign it, I send your photograph to you. It all takes about a week from the time I receive your item.
How long does it all take?
From start to finish, about 2-3 weeks. Need it faster? I can generally accommodate rush orders for an additional charge.
Will my print be framed?
While I can have your photograph framed, I encourage clients to work with a local business to help you choose the right frame for your decor. This also helps to reduce shipping charges, as a framed piece is generally quite heavy.
As an alternative, I specialize in board-mounted prints that are extremely lightweight and do not require a framed. Contact me for more details.
How much will it cost?
The size you choose for your final print will determine the cost. Packages start at $195 for photo session and an 8x10 print. If you're not sure what size to order, just let me know your budget and I will help you to figure it out.
Do you accept checks and credit cards?
Yes, I do! Checks are accepted if they are sent with your item. All major credit cards and PayPal are handled using a digital invoice which allows you to maintain control of your card number and payment details.
Just how does all this work?
It's pretty simple - you select a cherished item you would like to have transformed into an art print and send it to me using an insured and trackable service - UPS, USPS or FedEx. I photograph your item and send you a digital preview, then I return your item the same way you shipped it to me. Your photograph is printed at a professional lab to your size and mounting specifications and sent to me for final inspection. I sign your photo and send it to you. It all takes a couple weeks.
I still have questions. How do I reach you?
You can send your questions at any time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you'd prefer to connect by phone, just let me know and we can set up a time to talk.
Are shipping fees separate? Who pays for that?
You pay for shipping when you send me your item, using a professionally packed and tracked option like UPS, USPS or FedEx. Return shipping is included in your package, though there may be additional fees for oversized items.
What the risk of sending you my cherished possession?
Proper, professional packing of your item and the use of tracking and signature requirements helps to ensure things arrive in great condition. I partner with the UPS Store to ensure there is always someone to sign for you item and that it never sits outside. While in my care, I will take every step to keep your object safe. As with most things, there remain inherent risks that are assumed by the client. Booking your session and sending your item mean that you understand this and will not hold the company liable for damage in transit or while at my studio.
What item should I choose?
Anything. Anything at all that holds special meaning for you, a friend or a family member. Honestly, the more obscure the item, the more fun it is to photograph.
Can I give this as a gift?
Of course! Book a session for a loved one, or purchase a gift certificate and let them decide which item to send. Just contact me for more information.
Who's the photographer?
Held Dear is owned and operated by Kat Palma, a Lexington, Kentucky based still life and pet photographer with over seven years of experience.